Every week we will be providing a recap of the biggest stories from the past 7 days…
- Binance and Ripple partnership talk starts to gain momentum: CEO of Binance had announced that a partnership with Ripple could “definitely” happen back in February. As Binance has been rolling out new products recently, more good news may be on the cards.
- G20 finance ministers meet to discuss crypto assets: Central bank governors and finance ministers have met in Fukuoka, Japan on the 8th of June to discuss multiple aspects of the global economy, including crypto assets.
- IRS working on a new crypto tax guidance: The IRS notice was last updated five years ago and with the recent uprise of Bitcoin, an update will finally be delivered to provide guidance for crypto investors on how their taxes will be calculated.
- Russia considers an off-shore financial hub for Crypto/FX exchanges: Leonid Petukhov announced in the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, that a new financial hub may be created on an island, co-owned by Russia and China, specifically for cryptocurrency and forex exchanges.
- Zilliqa’s sharding-based smart contracts launch on platform: Zilliqa is a project solving scalability issues faced by top blockchain project. The network’s smart contracts functionality was finally launched on 10 June 2019.
- Exclusive look into Binance’s “Invite-Only” margin trading platform: Shortly after the speculative tweet from Binance hinting a new Binance 2.0 platform, a beta version was released. Nonetheless, the most awaited functionality, margin trading, remains accessible on an invite-only basis.
- Coinbase Card expands into 6 new European countries: After its initial launch in April in the United Kingdom, the new cryptocurrency card has now expanded to six new European countries.
- Is male dominance of the crypto space changing?: The blockchain industry has been making groundbreaking developments, and women’s involvement in this industry is on the rise.
- CBOE Futures exchange halting Bitcoin futures trading: After the release of Bitcoin futures at the height of the 2017 bull-run, the CBOE futures exchange will no longer be renewing the contracts.
- Chinese entrepreneur commutes suicide after 2,000BTC loss: Hui Yi, a Chinese entrepreneur, allegedly embezzled 2,000BTC from his firm belonging to clients and tried to short Bitcoin on 100x leverage. The result was catastrophic liquidation and a loss for his family.
- Bittrex offering 0 trading fees and announces EU expansion: US-based cryptocurrency exchange, Bittrex, has reduced its trading fees for US customers and will be opening their doors for Europe with new EUR trading pairs.
- Is Visa’s blockchain solution a competitor to Ripple: Visa’s B2B Connect blockchain-based network has finally gone live in 30 corridors and is looking to expand to 90 more by the end of the year.
- Brazil officially announces blockchain adoption: Bradesco, Brazil’s largest bank, has announced that they will be using a blockchain-based solution that will be used by major local banks around the country in June.
- Binance to open its doors to US customers: After the bad news announced by Binance that their Malta-based cryptocurrency platform will no longer welcome US customers, they announced the future release of Binance US, a compliant cryptocurrency exchange specifically targeting Americans.
- Bitcoin’s “Perfect Storm is Coming” according to VC investor Anthony Pompliano: “Pomp” is considered a prominent figure in the cryptocurrency space and many trust and believe his views. The American entrepreneur and investor has recently said that the next few months will be crucial for Bitcoin as key developments will push the price up.
- Chainlink’s integration into Google’s smart contract adoption sends price to new all-time high: A staggering 75% increase in price was registered by LINK in less than a day after Google demonstrated Chainlink’s use-case for connecting Ethereum and Google cloud.
- Bitcoin displays bullish signs after sluggish week: The asset dominating the cryptocurrency space has broken out of consolidation and may soon be exploring new yearly highs.
Image licensed via Shutterstock